Expense reports are required when you need to be reimbursed for a purchase or an expense you have incurred on behalf of IDYST. The form can be found on the IDYST Intranet by following these steps:
1. Go to https://www.unil.ch/idyst/en/home.html
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Login’ link in the Intranet section
3. You will be asked to login (this is with the same username and password that you use for other UNIL services such as MyUnil, PulseSecure, etc.).
4. After you have logged in, you will be redirected to the IDYST Intranet page
5. You can find the form under Administration>Finances>Notes de Frais
It is important to note that expense forms should be correctly filled and submitted no later than 8 weeks after the expenditure. A couple of important points to note:
a) Remember to write the IBAN number and in the case of a bank account abroad, the SWIFT number. Take care not to change the column sizes of the Excel sheet. The expense form should be printed in portrait mode and not in landscape mode.
b) Keep all original receipts. Please tape receipts smaller than A4 to an A4 sheet of paper. Make sure not to use staples.
c) For expenses in foreign currency the original receipt must be attached together with an excerpt of the exchange rate to Swiss Francs on the day the payment was made. This exchange rate must be from the following webpage: https://www.oanda.com/lang/fr/currency/converter/. Important: The date of the exchange rate must be the same as that of the invoice or receipt.
d) If you paid with your credit card, attach your receipt with a copy of your credit card statement. This will ensure that your credit card charges are refunded.
e) Write the receipt no. on the receipts and next to the different lines in the excel document, like that it is easier to understand how the document is structured.
f) The expense form must be signed by you and your supervisor.
To find out what expenses are reimbursable, the service expense guideline webpage can be consulted. Alternatively, you can ask your supervisor.