Using analytics to create a better world
QTEM - Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management - is a global Master's network of universities and international corporate partners.
If you want to boost your career prospects with a unique set of skills and international exposure, the QTEM program is for you!
- Acquire strong quantitative and analytical skills and techniques applied to management and economics
- Study one or two semesters abroad: choose among 24 leading business and economic schools around the globe
- Be immersed in the reality of decision-making through a company internship
- Join an exciting and growing elite network
- Receive your standard MSc Degree from Lausanne and the QTEM Certificate
The QTEM program is intended for HEC Lausanne students registered in the Master in Management, in Finance, in Economics or in Master in Accounting, Control and Finance.
From the academic year 2019-2020, the structure of the QTEM program will change for students starting their Master in September 2019. What is new:
1) The QTEM program has a reorganized structure of 2 tracks:
Track 2 Exchanges
Track 1 Exchange
Deadlines for application don't change.
2) The QTEM internship has a duration of at least 1,5 months
3) The QTEM Data Challenge (QDC) becomes an integral part of the QTEM program for all QTEM students and is composed of three parts:
Online course 1: course in data science/analytics
Online course 2: course in digital leadership
Global group work
More information below.
QTEM Data Challenge (QDC)
Each QTEM student will complete the two online courses and the global group work. They all will be offered during both semesters, Spring and Fall. The courses and the projet can be undertaken in parallel, before or during the exchange.
1) Online course 1
At the end of the course, QTEM students should be able to use and manipulate large databases, in Python and/or in R
2) Online course 2
At the end of the course, QTEM students should be prepared to collaborate in global, distant and multicultural teams
3) Global group work
In international teams of 3, QTEM students will work remotely to provide creative solutions and recommendations to a company by analyzing exclusive data provided by the company
How to choose your QTEM courses?
The QTEM internship will be done during or after the Master
- Covers a period of minimum 240 man-hours, full-time equivalent - 1.5 months
- Must have an analytical component
- Can be done in Switzerland or abroad
The internship will be managed through the QTEM Portal, as soon as the student finds an internship.
If the internship is done in Europe, a SEMP (ex-Erasmus) grant of CHF 440.- per month can be given. More information at the SASME.
QTEM Internship Tutorial Video