This new research unit is a space of intellectual exchanges wich aims to reinforce the collective nature of research on globalization process within the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences. The CRHIM brings together researches in history and international relations promoting an interdisciplinary perspective.
The aims of the CRHIM are :
- Reinforce existing synergies in the fields of research of international history and political study of globalization
- Support collaboration with other researches of the University of Lausanne and other higher education and research institutions in Switzerland and abroad
- Promote and offer visibility to our members' researches
- Ecourage scientific dialogue organizing series of conferences and inviting international researches
- Offer a frame for productive exchanges between doctoral students and experienced researches
- Provide financial support to our doctoral students for their research activities
In January 2015, the CRHIM succeeded to the CRII (Center of Interdisciplinary Research on International) following the merger between IEPHI (Institute of Political and International Studies) and IHES (Institute of Economical and Historical studies).