We will try to assist you in finding an internship with an international organization or regarding your application for a specific job. Many of our students obtain easily internships with the international organizations, the diplomatic missions, law firms, multinational companies, international sports associations and NGOs in the Lake Geneva region.
Many of our alumni work have used their education to start an international career, including through an internship or a traineeship. Feel free to use our Alumni Network (ALL) and the contacts therein to talk to them about it.
Many of our alumni have used the opportunity to talk to the professors and professionals teaching in our programme to find the right internship or job opportunity for them at the WTO, UNCTAD, WIPO, ITC UNCTAD/WTO, the ACWL, diplomatic mission, etc.
An important number of our students apart from those working in major companies, the public administration and law firms in their home countries have engaged in international careers, many in the Lake Geneva region.
- The following sites provides a useful overview of jobs currently on offer in IOs in the Lake Geneva area: http://unjobs.org/ and http://www.cinfo.ch/org/CP/index.php?langVersion=&css=2.
- Here you find contacts of many institututions and organizations in the Lake Geneva area that regularly provide internship opportunities: http://www.geneve-int.ch/ and http://www.genevainternational.org/.
- For those looking for consulting jobs/internships in Brussels, this site is usually useful: http://www.eurobrussels.com/jobs/consultancy.
- In addition the University of Lausanne provides information on open positions in the Lausanne area: http://www.unil.ch/perspectives/home/menuguid/unistages.html
The Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) provides information regarding internships and jobs with an international organization.
- Are you considering a professional career in an international organization? The FDFA recommends reading in particular "Career in an International Organization". The publication can be downloaded from the site of the FDFA.
- The FDFA provides assistance for Swiss nationals interested in applying for a job with an international organization. If you have already found a job description that matches your profile, the FDFA will be happy to provide advice.
TRALAC internship programme: The objective of the tralac (trade law centre for south africa) internship programme is to promote, among graduate students and recent graduates, a better understanding of international trade matters, and to provide an opportunity to contribute to the inter-disciplinary (trade law and economics) analysis of trade matters.