How many people will attend my talk?
Anywhere between 10 and 35 people attend talks, and there are so many factors that influence this. Unfortunately this means it's impossible to predict how many will attend any specific talk.
Do I have to give a talk with slides?
No, we've had lots of different types of "talks". Some people adopt a more workshop approach, some people prefer to have a discussion, some don't use a presentation. The time is yours to use as you feel most beneficial.
Do talks have to take the full 30-35 minutes?
No, and it's better to give a shorter talk than one which over runs your time. Remember, you are between people and their food! We can give prompts on time if you wish.
Do you have a projector?
Yes, we have a projector for presentations. We have VGA and HDMI cables but if your laptop has a different adapter please bring it with you.
We also have dedicated speakers, connected to using an auxiliary cable (which we can provide). Please remember to bring the charger for your laptop and possibly the adapter to the Swiss electric plug.
Do you have an adapter to connect my laptop?
Possibly some members may have the right adapter, but we can't guarantee this. Please bring any adapters you need with you just in case.
I want to also meet someone in the Department before/after my talk. Can you help?
You should contact the member of staff directly. Their details can be found in the people directory.
Can I claim expenses for my visit? If so, what can I claim?
- We will reimburse your travel costs in economy class from your workplace location to UNIL and back.
- We are able to reimburse your trip from within EU but we might not have budget if you are coming from other continents. Please discuss this with the person who invited you.
- If you need lodging, we will be happy to pay your hotel for 1 night in Lausanne. We have a number of hotels that work with us and that are well connected with UNIL. If you need lodging, send an email to Sarah.Duplan@unil.ch;
- We will reimburse the train from Geneva to Lausanne and back in economy class.
- Please keep all original receipts and boarding passes. We will need these for the paperwork.
- After the event, please mail all your original receipts together with this form duly signed to:
Ms. Sarah Duplan
University of Lausanne
Faculty of Business and Economics (HEC)
CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
- Please make a copy of your receipts in case something gets lost.
- Please note that we do not reimburse taxis nor parkings (at airports or elsewhere).