- Sport traumatology
- Guidance on physical activity and sport
- Athletes and health
- Sports metabolism
- Sports cardiology
Doing a sport can cause health problems; a health problem may be a contraindication for doing a sport; and physical activity can be used for therapeutic purposes. These issues are dealt with every day by the CHUV’s sports medicine department, several members of the ISSUL, and numerous clinicians and practitioners at the CHUV. Our research strengthens the clinical uses of sport and ensures procedures are evidence-based.
Researchers working on this theme:
- Francesca Amati – Associate professor - ISSUL
- Cyril Besson - MSc in sports sciences – Center for Sports Medicine, CHUV
- Gerald Gremion - MD, Assistant professor - Center for Sports Medicine, CHUV
- Alban Lovis - MD - Department of internal medicine, CHUV
- Claudio Sartori - MD - Department of internal medicine, CHUV
Publications on this research theme:
- Guedria, M., Besson, C., Millet, G. P., & Gremeaux, V. (2022). Exercise training with blood flow restriction: mechanisms and applications. Revue Medicale Suisse, 18(790-2), 1464-1469.
- Michel, A., Gremeaux, V., Muff, G., Pache, B., Geinoz, S., Larcinese, A., Kayser, B., & Besson, C. (2022). Short term high-intensity interval training in patients scheduled for major abdominal surgery increases aerobic fitness. BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation, 14(1), 1-8.
- Petek, B. J., Groezinger, E. Y., Pedlar, C. R., & Baggish, A. L. (2022). Cardiac effects of detraining in athletes: A narrative review. Annals of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, 65(4), 101581.
- Tercier, S., Albiński, M., Saubade, M., Menafoglio, A., Meyer, P., Capelli, B., Perrin, T., Trachsel, L., Hagemeyer, D., Casagrande, D., Wilhelm, M., Benaim, C., Pirrello, T., Albrecht, S., Schmied, C., Mivelaz, Y., Baggish, A., & Gabus, V. (2022). Diagnostic yield and cost analysis of electrocardiographic screening in Swiss paediatric athletes. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 25(4), 281‑286.