- Sport traumatology
- Guidance on physical activity and sport
- Athletes and health
- Sports metabolism
- Sports cardiology
Doing a sport can cause health problems; a health problem may be a contraindication for doing a sport; and physical activity can be used for therapeutic purposes. These issues are dealt with every day by the CHUV’s sports medicine department, several members of the ISSUL, and numerous clinicians and practitioners at the CHUV. Our research strengthens the clinical uses of sport and ensures procedures are evidence-based.
Researchers working on this theme:
- Francesca Amati – Associate professor - ISSUL
- Cyril Besson - MSc in sports sciences – Center for Sports Medicine, CHUV
- Gerald Gremion - MD, Assistant professor - Center for Sports Medicine, CHUV
- Alban Lovis - MD - Department of internal medicine, CHUV
- Claudio Sartori - MD - Department of internal medicine, CHUV
- Mathieu Saubade - MD - Center for Sports Medicine, CHUV
Major publications on this research theme:
- Dubé JJ, Broskey NT, Despines AA, Stefanovic-Racic M, Toledo FG, Goodpaster BH, Amati F. Muscle Characteristics and Substrate Energetics in Lifelong Endurance Athletes. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2016 Mar;48(3):472-80.
- Fasel B, Favre J, Chardonnens J, Gremion G, Aminian K. An inertial sensor-based system for spatio-temporal analysis in classic cross-country skiing diagonal technique. J Biomech. 2015 Sep 18;48(12):3199-205
- Saubade M, Norrenberg S, Besson C, Thornton J, Amati F.[A pill to replace physical activity?]. Rev Med Suisse. 2015 Jul 15;11(481):1421-5. Review. French.
- Saubade M, Karatzios C, Besson C, Farasse AC, Charles B, Gremion G. Promoting physical activity: What do we have available to motivate our patients? Ann Phys Rehabil Med. 2016 Sep;59S:e54-e55.