The goal of the Master of Science in Molecular Life Sciences (MLS) is to train students for the exploration of life through experimental and computational approaches.
The Master MLS aims at students enthusiastic both for individual as well as interdisciplinary work, with acquisition of specialised and transferable skills. In short, the MLS program offers:
- Two personal research projects: a first-step and a master thesis (Master research project) .
- A variety of specialized lectures exploring micro-organisms, biotechnology, plants, animals and humans, from which students can compose their own curriculum of choice.
- Specific classes in scientific grant writing and reviewing.
- A unique practical course allowing students to sequence and analyse the genome of a micro-organism, applying the most recent sequencing and computational techniques.
- Master start with a retreat.
The Master MLS has three specialisations, highlighting the specific personal research and course topics that the students are following: