Professor Assoc. Professor adjunct Professor Fellow/Postdoctoral researcher
Head of Department Senior Lecturer
Head of Laboratory
Our laboratory’s activities are focusing on clinical research in patients with epilepsy or disorders of consciousness of various origin, including status-epilepticus and post-anoxic coma. In epilepsy, six main research objectives are being developed:
- Pathophysiology and prevention of Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy Patients (SUDEP).
- Seizure detection in ambulatory patients using mobile health technology.
- Optimisation of pre-surgical evaluation and epilepsy surgery.
- Point-of-care testing of antiepileptic drugs plasma dosage.
- Pharmacogenomic/biomarkers of the disease.
- Epidemiology and management of status-epilepticus.
In disorders of consciousness, our current research primarily focuses on outcome prognostication of acute coma, particularly after cardiac arrest. The methods used in our laboratory include clinical neurophysiology (scalp-EEG, intra-cerebral EEG, evoked potentials), neuroimaging (MRI, functional MRI, PET), biology (dosage of AEDs, genomic), epidemiology and randomized controled trials.