Prof Philippe Ryvlin Prof Andrea Rossetti Dr Jan Novy Carolina Ciumas
Full Professor Assoc. Professor Privat-Docent Fellow/Postdoctoral researcher
Our laboratory’s activities are focusing on clinical research in patients with epilepsy, migraine or disorders of consciousness, including status-epilepticus and postanoxic coma. In epilepsy, we pursue five main research objectives:
- Pathophysiology and prevention of Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy Patients.
- Seizure detection in ambulatory patients using mobile health technology.
- Point-of-care testing of antiepileptic drugs plasma dosage.
- Pharmacogenomic and other biological biomarkers.
- Epidemiology and management of status-epilepticus.
In disorders of consciousness, our current research primarily focuses on outcome prognostication of acute coma, particularly after cardiac arrest. In migraine, our current research focuses on the detection of neurovegetative biomarkers that would precede or accompany migraine attacks, using wrist-worn wearable devices. We are also coordinating the development of the Medical Informatics Platform (MIP) and the Human Intracerebral EEG Platform (HIP) of the Human Brain Project. The MIP offers a unique solution for performing federated analyses of datasets distributed across hospitals. The HIP provides the scientific community access to the largest and most advanced solution worldwide for storing, curating, sharing, and analyzing data directly recorded from the Human brain during SEEG in patients with epilepsy.